Aaron Beams Mcgregor 7

For keeping us up dated on your building of a Clubbie/Seven replica

Moderators: SimJen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
User's Projects / Build Ups Forum Rules
This section of where you guys can show off the progress you make as your build comes together of your clubman, give details of any modification progress, share pictures etc. There are just a few rules that need to be followed for this forum to stay nice, clean and easy to use:

1. ONE thread per project please. You all have access to edit your own posts, so do that. You may post as many times as you feel like it within your allocated thread.
2. Only the person who owns the thread may post in it. Any others will be deleted. If you want to ask questions, comment or start a discussion, start a thread in the Project Discussion section or use the private message function.
3. You may not use your thread for anything else apart from showing off your car and it's build process, use the other forums for this.
4. Thread titles must be include your user name and a little about the project please.

Important : As this was a exsisting forum moved to its new home all exsisting build diarys will carry on as they are but by the new rules

Cheers Stephen

Aaron Beams Mcgregor 7

Postby nz_climber » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:31 am

Hi all

Car is a Mcgregor Kit, with IRS rear end. Currently it is a rolling chassis while doing wiring etc, still lots of work to do though! Also makes it hard working in Bulls and the car and workshop is in Christchurch

The Engine is a Toyota Beams 3sge, from the Toyota Altezza, with matching 6 speed box. Using standard computer, and intake(for now), light weight flywheel and clutch, dry sump (due to space)

Here a few pic's

Complete build can be found at http://aarons7.wordpress.com/

Will put up more details as the build progresses (slowly at the moment!) but check out the build diary for work done so far..
nz_climber
Paid Member

Re: Aaron Beams Mcgregor 7

Postby KiwiBirkin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:35 am

Nice build Aaron how many time have you sat in it and gone vroomm vroomm :D
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:
KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Postby nz_climber » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 am

Yeah a few times already, will be more once I get these seats installed..

nz_climber
Paid Member

Postby KiwiBirkin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Wow there pretty serious looking seats Aaron where are they from and im guessing you be getting them coverd.
KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Postby nz_climber » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:59 pm

I got them from http://www.4wdfiberglass.com/

They should do the trick pretty nicely hopefully.. I am still unsure about getting them covered, I might do what heaps of the guys in the uk are doing and just use thin foam pads on the back, similar to shown below but follow the shape of the seat better, and get a dual density foam cushion made for the bottom. But that could all change.. At the moment this would be more so I could get it on the road then splash out to cover them properly later depending on how they turn out.

But always open to ideas!

nz_climber
Paid Member

Postby KiwiBirkin » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:43 pm

I have all ways liked the carbon Caterham seats with the foam padding I think they make the car look great and that it means buisness.
KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Wilson » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:21 am

Aaron
When I visited the McGregor Team the first thing Mark said in a most PC manner was that I was a perfect fit for a Lotus 7...being 5 foot 9 inches and 150lb This must have been pretty much on Colin Chapmans design concept! Love the look of the seats!
Bruce
2017 McGregor MACHsr7

http://kitcarnz.com/
Bruce Wilson
Paid Member

Postby nz_climber » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:03 am

Yeah I am about the same size as you Bruce.. Seems to be a bit of room in the Mcgregor even with the oil tank taking up room in the passengers side there is still room for your feet..
nz_climber
Paid Member

Postby 7ish » Sun May 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi Aaron, went round to get the book tonite and your dad took me down to check out your car... It's looking very good.. that sure is a big engine!! It's nearly driveable....
Thanks..
Evan
7ish
7ish
Paid Member

Postby nz_climber » Mon May 25, 2009 6:29 pm

Cheers for the comments, yeah it is a big engine, it is smaller now without the sump too! But the head on it is what makes it big, and the inlet plenum! Hope that book helps with your build.. When I am down next will have to catch up and come have a look how you are doing..
nz_climber
Paid Member

Next

Return to Build Diaries