Wanganui, Mcsorely 442E / MX5

For keeping us up dated on your building of a Clubbie/Seven replica

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Forum rules
User's Projects / Build Ups Forum Rules
This section of where you guys can show off the progress you make as your build comes together of your clubman, give details of any modification progress, share pictures etc. There are just a few rules that need to be followed for this forum to stay nice, clean and easy to use:

1. ONE thread per project please. You all have access to edit your own posts, so do that. You may post as many times as you feel like it within your allocated thread.
2. Only the person who owns the thread may post in it. Any others will be deleted. If you want to ask questions, comment or start a discussion, start a thread in the Project Discussion section or use the private message function.
3. You may not use your thread for anything else apart from showing off your car and it's build process, use the other forums for this.
4. Thread titles must be include your user name and a little about the project please.

Important : As this was a exsisting forum moved to its new home all exsisting build diarys will carry on as they are but by the new rules

Cheers Stephen
Wanganui7

Re: Wanganui, Mcsorely 442E / MX5

Post by Wanganui7 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:24 pm

Tidied a little more of the wiring this weekend but started going crosseyed after a while. So gave myself a rest . Fitted the half shafts, after a new coat of paint. Went to lock on the hub nuts and had the flange shatter . I had used the gas tourch on them to remove from donor car, must have made them brittle so have ordered a new pair from the UK. Price 11 UK pounds including postage. Takes about 1 1/2 weeks to get orders from UK. I had also brought some new braided brake lines. 4 days to arrive from Sinapore. With these in fitting diff is is next. Have scetched some drawings for end of brake line brackets . Will make at work during lunchtimes to keep my build progressing. Also have dropped off my rollbar for sandblasting and powdercoating, will be done by tuesday. Have measured the hard brake line lengths and will buy the 3/16 copper/ nickle tube from local brake shop but will do the bending and flaring myself to save money. Fitted the air intake. Usually the MX5 intake goes across the front of the motor, down the left side and sits over the header pipes. Think my way is lot neater and away from hot exhaust. As radiator is offset will get good airflow into intake.

Wanganui7

Post by Wanganui7 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:41 pm

So I see. Photos have been visable for weeks then disapear. Don't know whats going on.

Wanganui7

Post by Wanganui7 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Got the roll bar back from powdercoaters. Bolted onto chassis and fitted highstop light. Started on the hard brake lines.

Wanganui7

Post by Wanganui7 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Over the weekend fitted the dashboard with 5mm rivnuts then rivited on the front of the scuttle. Found a full set of wiring diagrams for my mx5 donor car on the net. Started with the simplist circuts first. Completed the altenator charging circut then fitted the window wiper motor ( mx5 ) donor and washer bottle and pump ( Bowers auto parts UK) reusing a rubber bulkhead gromet from the mx5 donor to run the wires up to the switch. Bowers have some very useful bits and I've also ordered some led lights. Coming from UK they are E4 marked so good for NZ to. Also replaced the interior mx5 fusebox with a through bulkhead waterproof one from China. Mounted infront of the instrument panel simplifies things and allows me to shorten many wires.