Build your shed, where you would like it...

Discuss any thing else here.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

steveb

Build your shed, where you would like it...

Post by steveb » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:15 am

So having relocated to a larger property, having space for a decent sized workshop, i mean storage shed as local council frowns upon workshops on property boundaries. the position is on flat ground while most of the property gently slopes away into "testing paddocks"
The boundaries are called a "setback" and they surely are just that, because my neighbor has greater than 6 hectares i have a set back of 7.5 meters from that boundary and 25 meters from the road boundary, go figure,
that's a big building in itself, however via a consultant (and resource consents +$$) there is a good chance of a 3 meter set back on both boundaries. Another "setback on starting a new chassis".
So what issues have you encountered

7dreamer

Re: Build your shed, where you would like it...

Post by 7dreamer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:43 am

So I guess you're on a semi rural lifestyle type block. By the time you put in a shelter belt of poplars or macrocarpas that takes up 2-2.5 meter you could use the space I behind that for sheep/goat/alpaca yards. You could also add a lean too timber/steel rack Or fire wood storage. Wat ever you do leave enough room so you can hide your next project car/boat/motor bike behind it so the Mrs duzn see it for a couple of months.

steveb

Post by steveb » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Yay, after dealing with Waikato council for almost 6 months now, we finally have a building consent + boundary consent. i must mention that Waikato Shed company based in Eureka (Waikato District) have been very helpful and in fact the only shed company willing to help us get the building we wanted. so yes i would recommend them to anyone in the area.
So i have spent the last two days on the post hole borer and concrete mixing setting up poles for a small retaining wall, which would not be needed if the local council would have let us build 4 meters off the road boundary, but 7.5m it has to be.
Next is the site work, contracted out as it needs to be flat and square. watching this space...(i have been watching it for 6 months...)

steveb

Post by steveb » Thu May 10, 2018 7:54 pm

May 2018.. finally some progress. the digger man has spent 2 days prepping our site, cutting out 5 huge oak tee stumps ( have plenty of firewood for next winter), sculpting the driveway access and compacting it all.
Next bit is the concrete footings and pad. will have plenty of hiding space behind for any projects...

steveb

Post by steveb » Mon May 14, 2018 8:26 pm

well the building (flat packed) has arrived, and before the concrete pad contractors have started.
not quite a car but still a kitset, nuts, bolts and steel, no nails or wood...