Paid Member

Re: Bugatti Project

Post by Not-a-Number » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Finished! :D

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:31 pm

This will probably be my last interesting post for a while. I will be moving to California in a month to build space stuff. Visa came through yesterday after months of paperwork! :D

The Lotus is being stored at the parentals place. Mini has been sold to my uncle. House is being rented! :shock:

Anyway, these are spring hangers and a trunion hanger CNCd from 4140. Also some rear spring mounts.

bzrse7en

Post by bzrse7en » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:27 am

Well. that's a little disapointing (for me), this stuff has been truely inspirational and I looked forward to seeing each new bit.
Enought of the gloom, I hope it goes well for you, not many get this opertunity.

Patrick

Gollum

Post by Gollum » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Hey Pete. Congrats on the Californian gig. Smart people who know how to work hard get all the luck eh? :D ;) I look forward to hearing about your escapades Stateside. Hopefully you'll get enough spare time to muck around with some interesting cars over there.

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:48 pm

Gollum wrote:Hey Pete. Congrats on the Californian gig. Smart people who know how to work hard get all the luck eh? :D ;) I look forward to hearing about your escapades Stateside. Hopefully you'll get enough spare time to muck around with some interesting cars over there.
Naturally Im looking at cool cars to buy. Im a sucker for punishment though! E-Type! $25k :lol: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6059645834.html

Gollum

Post by Gollum » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:49 am

You want a convertible for that Pacific-Coast Highway I reckon. If a Cobra's out of the question then I'd have a nice wee Beck Spyder...

This one should make you feel at home!

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6061541346.html

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:58 am

Gollum wrote:You want a convertible for that Pacific-Coast Highway I reckon. If a Cobra's out of the question then I'd have a nice wee Beck Spyder...

This one should make you feel at home!

Now why did you do that! ;)

I dont think the Mrs would be too happy if I moved her to America just for me to work on a 7 again! :lol:

7ish
Paid Member

Post by 7ish » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Buy an Elise instead!

Have a fantastic time in the states, look forward to seeing some updates.

Cheers, Evan.
7ish

Not-a-Number
Paid Member

Post by Not-a-Number » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Ahhh no what have I done! :lol: The American dream thats what!

I went around in circles with what american V8 would be fun in Southern California. The conclusion after driving several was.... not many! ;)

Until I had a go in a couple of Cobra replicas. The mrs said that if we are to buy a fun car it needs to be like the 7. So I couldnt argue with that when this deal came up.

A little bit of work to do on it so it was cheap. Sway bar, rear shocks, slower rack, skinnier tires, lower seats, bushings in the gear lever linkage, bigger steering wheel. Nothing major.

Its a Shell Valley so its made pretty well. Upper level of the cheap cars. Proper chassis, proper wishbones etc.

Much cheaper than an Elise!

Ive had a mate over who got me to buy a 57 Chevy on his behalf and he has traveled all over the States in it. Ive done a trip up to Bonneville Speed week and just got back from a 1000mile trip along the Mexican boarder. Hes now gone back home now so this will be my daily driver for a bit!