Auckland Chevron Owners

Idle chat about any thing Sevens & Clubman cars.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Fish86
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:16 am

Auckland Chevron Owners

Post by Fish86 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:03 pm

Hello

I am curious to meet up with any Chevron owners around Auckland. I have posted a similar question quite a while ago (before I had bought the project car) but am keen to know who is interested in meeting up. I have just got back to it as I have had the car now for a bit less than a year but have been on marriage plans (which are now wrapped up). I am back on the car.

Thanks
Chris

20vseven
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: Auckland Chevron Owners

Post by 20vseven » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:22 pm

There used to be a strong Chevron Club but I see no website. Maybe contact Evan Fray at Chevron Engineering?

JohnL
Paid Member
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:04 pm
Location: Ngongotaha Rotorua

Re: Auckland Chevron Owners

Post by JohnL » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:02 am

drive it to rotorua couple of us here, john
MX5 powered Chevron in prep 2014

User avatar
Gollum
Posts: 1212
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Auckland Chevron Owners

Post by Gollum » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:39 pm

I'd like to have another Chevron one day! You should come along to Caffeine & Classics. There has been three different Chevrons attend over the past few months. Given that there were something like 250-300 kits sold, there must be a lot of Chevrons in hiding around the country. Maybe start a new Facebook based club/register for Chevrons?

Dad's Car back in the day....


Image

Fish86
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Auckland Chevron Owners

Post by Fish86 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:21 am

20vseven wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:22 pm
There used to be a strong Chevron Club but I see no website. Maybe contact Evan Fray at Chevron Engineering?
Will give it a go, thanks!

Fish86
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Auckland Chevron Owners

Post by Fish86 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 am

JohnL wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:02 am
drive it to rotorua couple of us here, john
Would love to drive it but I bought it incomplete and uncertified. She is currently apart in my garage. Looking for someone with a finished one so I can take pictures and get ideas.

Thanks

Fish86
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Auckland Chevron Owners

Post by Fish86 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:26 am

Gollum wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:39 pm
I'd like to have another Chevron one day! You should come along to Caffeine & Classics. There has been three different Chevrons attend over the past few months. Given that there were something like 250-300 kits sold, there must be a lot of Chevrons in hiding around the country. Maybe start a new Facebook based club/register for Chevrons?

Dad's Car back in the day....


Image
That is sweet Gollum, what a cool piece of history.

I have been to Caffeine & Classics a few times but no 7's. I guess everytime I have been the weather has been questionable though. I will try to get back out there more often. Thanks!

JohnL
Paid Member
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:04 pm
Location: Ngongotaha Rotorua

Re: Auckland Chevron Owners

Post by JohnL » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 pm

check out my chevron build on here and fire away with any questions. and if you need anything photographed sing out. We have another being put together in Rotorua also.
MX5 powered Chevron in prep 2014

Fish86
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Auckland Chevron Owners

Post by Fish86 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:43 am

JohnL wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 pm
check out my chevron build on here and fire away with any questions. and if you need anything photographed sing out. We have another being put together in Rotorua also.
Thanks John, I really appreciate it. Will be in touch!

User avatar
GPS7
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:18 am

Re: Auckland Chevron Owners

Post by GPS7 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Hey I have a Chevron, still scratching my head as to what running gear to put in it! I live in West Auckland. The engine bay is tiny.
Image

Post Reply