Who is the best Steelbro Super 7 guru?

Idle chat about any thing Sevens & Clubman cars.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Aussiesuper7

Who is the best Steelbro Super 7 guru?

Post by Aussiesuper7 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone knows who would be the current day guru on all things to do with production of the Steelbro Super 7? I tried calling Steelbro but no one there knows about production in the 1970s anymore. Can anyone help?
Thanks

7ish
Paid Member

Re: Who is the best Steelbro Super 7 guru?

Post by 7ish » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:26 am

Gollum on this site is the expert on NZ made Steelbro cars.... I'm sure he will be along shortly!
7ish

Phill

Post by Phill » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Hello. I am certainly no expert, burt am keen to learn as much as I can, I have a Steelbro S4, which I am in the process of getting back on the road, and learning as I go, so any help you can get from this site will be good help.
What is your project or problem, or are you looking to buy?

Gollum

Post by Gollum » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:17 pm

I believe the absolute guru of everything Steelbro Lotus to be Harry Hawkins of ClubLotus NZ. I've never met him but he sent me a few emails when I first got my current car. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to answer emails now - at least to the address I have. I can give you his details offline if you want to do some detective work. Apparently he has a register of all the cars made, he sent me two pictures of my car on the production line! Next would be Garry Williams - Production Manager of the Lotus line at Steelbro and then would be Hajo Steffen. If we are talking overall S4 Lotus 7 guru then Hajo is the man, no competition.

https://www.lotus7.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2055

Aussiesuper7

Post by Aussiesuper7 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:27 am

Thank you for the info Gollum. I will contact Club Lotus NZ and see if they can provide contact details for Harry Hawkins and/or Garry Williams. The the linked article was very informative also.