Indicators and hazards are they seperate

Anything else

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Indicators and hazards are they seperate

Post by KiwiBirkin » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:35 am

Hi guys went out for a blast today and my indicators have stopped flashing and stick on, last time this happened it was bulb but this time they are all working, I thought next that It would be the flasher unit but the hazard switch still flashes the bulbs. Could the hazard switch have its own flasher and work independent of the indicators ??. Any easy way to tell if the flasher unit has gone bust before I pull the Birkin apart to get under the dash.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

ibreadmore
Paid Member

Re: Indicators and hazards are they seperate

Post by ibreadmore » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Having just finished my wiring loom on my chevron, without hazards. I can confirm that the hazards are fed from a permanent live that is separate to the indicators positive feed. So you need to locate the feed wire for the hazards and check it. Usually comes via the ignition circuit and could run a different flasher relay.
If you see the tree you are driving into, you have understeered. If you only hear it, you have oversteered....

1985 Chevron Classic - 1256cc Chevette engine
Sales Executive at Rotorua Hyundai - Come see me for your new car - (07) 348 2494

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Re: Indicators and hazards are they seperate

Post by KiwiBirkin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:58 am

Found the issue it was a loose connector on the flasher unit, all fixed and once this rainy weather clears up I will be out for a drive
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol: