Tell us about your Seven and show us some pics of your car
This is for completed cars on the road.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Bruce Wilson
Paid Member

Re: To The Mud House

Post by Bruce Wilson » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:17 am

Tomo

That looks great and certainly a nice place to retire. I had some great drives during March in Auckland, I was amazed that I had more than five fine days in a row! Coming back to Japan has been difficult, I was in Kanazawa during the earthquake but 100% safe. However, now the worries about issues at Fukushima are very concerning indeed!
I did however enjoy "Sakura" in Kanazawa and made a short YouTube clip with my new Contour HD GPS in-car camera...it is on my YouTube account which is MACHSR7, just type machsr7 into the search and my site will open.

気をつけて
Bruce
Bruce
2017 McGregor MACHsr7

http://kitcarnz.com/

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Tomo & Georgina you had a great day for a drive to Hanmer Springs the weather in Canterbury was fantastic much better than all the rain we got up in Blenheim and Nelson :( , looks like you had a nice time though and sorry to hear about the starting issues but i think that's down to the fact you don't drive the car that much ;) and need to get it out more.

Next time your heading out on the weekend give us a yell as we would love to come along.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

LotusTwinCam

Post by LotusTwinCam » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Bruce. Great video.

Thank you for posting. My wife & I have been in New Zealand for exactly 1 year. It was short but also long. I was planning to visit Japan in September to renew my driver's licence and the registration of my Seven in Japan. As you know it is very difficult to register and renew registration of cars like Sevens in Japan. So I have to drive it and ask my friend who is a private WOF and registration garage to do it.

Because of Fukushima nuclear power plant problem, Air NZ, Jetstar don't want to land in Narita airport which is very close to my house. I should ask 7ish to take me there. Kanazawa in Ishikawa prefecture is about 200km from the plant, isn't it ? It isn't 100% safe but far enough to live.

Sakura(cherry blossom) season has come. Have you already drunk Sake under cherry blossoms ? This is one of the things I have missed. Honestly I have missed the food, athentic Sushi, Ramen(chinese style soup noodle) and savory food. In the case that I could go to Japan in September, I will contact you, of course in Japanese language. I will make another topic "Driving Seven in Japan" with several potos taken in Chiba prefecture in Japan.

Stephen

Yes. I know that I haven't driven my Fraser enough. But if you allow me to make an excuse, I have 2 kids and they don't fit in the boot.
I will ring you when I will drive up to Kaikoura.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:26 pm

LotusTwinCam wrote:
Stephen

Yes. I know that I haven't driven my Fraser enough. But if you allow me to make an excuse, I have 2 kids and they don't fit in the boot.
I will ring you when I will drive up to Kaikoura.
:D :D Tomo im only kidding... Kaiakoura would be a nice run sometime before winter if possible.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol: