KiwiBirins ride

Tell us about your Seven and show us some pics of your car
This is for completed cars on the road.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by KiwiBirkin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Small update I have been paid out by my Crown Relocations insurance for the damage that they did to Grace moving her to OZ, I have ordered my new rear guards and nose cone and they are being shipped from Perth Friday, once they are here I'm going to take Grace of the road for a month and while I get the new guards mounted and Grace then gets a repaint, thinking of sticking to the blue/ali look but may go for a slightly lighter metallic blue this time. By the time she is back on the road it should be a lot cooler to drive her in the day time on weekends.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 pm

My new nose cone and rear guards have arrived, I had to fettle the nose cone a small bit as they had made a slight change to it, nothing major though and the new one fits much better than the one on the car now. The rear guards just need bolting up to check that they fit OK and then I will remove the front guards as well and take them to all be painted. I'm thinking a new color but I'm really having a hard time finding a nice color that goes with a all ali car, blue really does suit Aluminum.

Also I have been testing out a small Bimi top this week which was kindly loaned to me by a Birkin owner on OZ Clubbies, we went out on Sat with it on and it really helped cut the sun and heat off us while in the car and even kept the seats cool while we were having a coffee, its very simply made and I have had a price of $100 to make one with a couple of modifications I want to make.

Some pictures of the top (hard to believe the grass in the background was crispy brown 4 weeks ago, we have had a lot of rain)

Birdman 7
Paid Member

Post by Birdman 7 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Who'd ever have thought it Steve, you driving with a top up!! :lol:

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Birdman 7 wrote:Who'd ever have thought it Steve, you driving with a top up!! :lol:
Yeh I know :), mind you I have been using Grace to go to work since registration on the road and with the storm season in Qld I have had the wet weather gear on more than I ever had it on in NZ, im hoping April to end of October though its going to much more like a nice NZ summer so I wont need it then, its really only for the Summer months.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Mon May 27, 2013 2:16 pm

Finished the car on Thursday evening and we went out for a spin in her on Sunday afternoon around the Hinterland, it was great to be back on the road in Grace. Drove to work this morning and had to put a jersey on :o.

The guys who painter Grace did a great job and also did the underside of the guards with rubberised ute liner to stop stone chips.

Some pics of it sitting in my workshop

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:48 pm

The weather has turned finally and we are having a glorious week after what has been the wettest summer and coldest winter on record for QLD, I have been driving Grace as much as can to work and managed to get out in her all weekend around Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast hinterland.

Sat morning around the bays, it was a stunning day with clear blue skies and no wind and a lovley 18deg

Sunday Sunshine Clubbies monthly drive with 11 other Clubbies we were out all day and ended up covering some 400kms

ibreadmore
Paid Member

Post by ibreadmore » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Replica Ferrari? details?

and the orange thing that looks like a three wheeler? details? :roll:
If you see the tree you are driving into, you have understeered. If you only hear it, you have oversteered....

1985 Chevron Classic - 1256cc Chevette engine
Sales Executive at Rotorua Hyundai - Come see me for your new car - (07) 348 2494

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:30 pm

ibreadmore wrote:Replica Ferrari? details?

and the orange thing that looks like a three wheeler? details? :roll:
Sorry Iian I dont have any details on those 2 cars except the Ferrari replica runs a Jag engine.

jmsnz

Post by jmsnz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:27 pm

I think that the tripod will be the car that is discussed on http://www.ozclubbies.com.au - see user tripod1. There is also a website http://www.tripodcars.com/ where you can order one for $25,000AUD give or takle a bit.

Cheers

John

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Nothing much to report at our end on the Lotus front, except I have driven Grace to work every day for the last 6 weeks.....8-) in perfect sunshine and perfect temps 10-12deg in the morning and at least 25-27deg most days on the way home....oh and I take the long way home at least 2 times a week instead of the 10km commute through normal traffic, I take the back roads around the hills which is about 50kms and a nice drive home.

https://maps.google.co.nz/maps/ms?msid= ... 1,0.264187

Seen a couple of people out and about in Sevens but no where near as much as in NZ on a regular basis and I can defiantly tell you with the rules they have here they sure dont look as good as your cars do guys.