KiwiBirins ride

Tell us about your Seven and show us some pics of your car
This is for completed cars on the road.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

User avatar
maurice
Paid Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:17 am
Location: Brisbane. Australia

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by maurice » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Stephen,
Hope the Birkin arrived safely and that its not too long before you start enjoying some of the roads you have been checking out. Any idea how long before it is registered?
Cheers
Maurice

User avatar
KiwiBirkin
Site Admin
Posts: 3051
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:09 am
Location: Christchurch

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by KiwiBirkin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:50 am

maurice wrote:Stephen,
Hope the Birkin arrived safely and that its not too long before you start enjoying some of the roads you have been checking out. Any idea how long before it is registered?
Cheers
Maurice

Just waiting for the guy to asses it so mI can pay the rip of duty & gst to the QLD govt and then it gets released to me, I have told Crown Relocation's I intend to inspect the vehicle before removing it from their care.

After that not sure had an initial chat with a company who do the whole process from pickup from Crown to getting it fully registered on the road and doing any jobs the cert engineer finds that need to be done for compliance, so far I know I have to do seat belts and maybe a full exhaust sheild but there could also be more, I was told by the owner of the comapny who can do the whole deal that it would take 2-4 weeks max for the car to be on the road. Well see.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

User avatar
Boris67
Paid Member
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by Boris67 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Stephen,

I feel your pain! The process is slow and frustrating here. Have they stung you for cleaning yet? I was told my car had a massive clump of mud underneath it... amazing how when they cleaned that they didn't touch the amazing amount of oil and grease that was still there... selective pressure washing I'd say... :roll:

As they say; you can't push the river, or Aus Customs / AQIS / freight forwarders... Good luck!

Regards, Warwick

Super7Alfa
Paid Member
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:42 pm
Location: Riverton

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by Super7Alfa » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:51 am

KiwiBirkin wrote:
maurice wrote:Stephen,
Hope the Birkin arrived safely and that its not too long before you start enjoying some of the roads you have been checking out. Any idea how long before it is registered?
Cheers
Maurice

Just waiting for the guy to asses it so mI can pay the rip of duty & gst to the QLD govt and then it gets released to me, I have told Crown Relocation's I intend to inspect the vehicle before removing it from their care.

After that not sure had an initial chat with a company who do the whole process from pickup from Crown to getting it fully registered on the road and doing any jobs the cert engineer finds that need to be done for compliance, so far I know I have to do seat belts and maybe a full exhaust sheild but there could also be more, I was told by the owner of the comapny who can do the whole deal that it would take 2-4 weeks max for the car to be on the road. Well see.
Best of luck, hope it's not as bad as you fear ;) My Seven should arrive in Christchurch from the UK in about 2 weeks so it will be interesting to compare re-registering mine in NZ (it was imported from the UK and registered in NZ in 1975 and re-exported in 2002) to registering yours in Oz :geek:

User avatar
KiwiBirkin
Site Admin
Posts: 3051
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:09 am
Location: Christchurch

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Was informed on Thursday that my car will be ready to pick up this week as customs have now cleared my car and quarantine have inspected it and passed it too, I had to pay AUS $1870 for duty and GST to the Australian Govt for there part in me bringing my car here but at least its cleard and will be with me next week.

I have also spoken to a engineer who will come and inspect my car at my house, I have sent him some photos and his thoughts are that it should be good to pass but I have to change my 4 point seat belts to normal car inertia belts, he also commented on the exhaust shield nit being long enough to cover the whole exhaust and also the fact the exhaust exits on the LH side which is against Queensland law as all exhausts must exit RH side, but as its not part of his certification he wont bother with it. The exhaust is part of the Road Worth Cert (WOF) and using a friendly RW cert guy I should get away with it he said but may just have to watch out for any police who may not like it. So hopefully I may be on the road by the end of Nov.
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

User avatar
flewy
Paid Member
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Whitby, Porirua

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by flewy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:06 am

KiwiBirkin wrote: he also commented on the exhaust shield nit being long enough to cover the whole exhaust and also the fact the exhaust exits on the LH side which is against Queensland law as all exhausts must exit RH side, but as its not part of his certification he wont bother with it. The exhaust is part of the Road Worth Cert (WOF) and using a friendly RW cert guy I should get away with it he said but may just have to watch out for any police who may not like it. So hopefully I may be on the road by the end of Nov.
You might need to turn the engine around to get the exhaust on the correct side..... :D

Good luck as I bet you are missing the old girl......

Matt
2010 4AGE Blacktop Fraser Clubman......talk about fun......CALEB7

User avatar
KiwiBirkin
Site Admin
Posts: 3051
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:09 am
Location: Christchurch

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by KiwiBirkin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:00 pm

flewy wrote:
KiwiBirkin wrote: he also commented on the exhaust shield nit being long enough to cover the whole exhaust and also the fact the exhaust exits on the LH side which is against Queensland law as all exhausts must exit RH side, but as its not part of his certification he wont bother with it. The exhaust is part of the Road Worth Cert (WOF) and using a friendly RW cert guy I should get away with it he said but may just have to watch out for any police who may not like it. So hopefully I may be on the road by the end of Nov.
You might need to turn the engine around to get the exhaust on the correct side..... :D

Good luck as I bet you are missing the old girl......
Not missing her any more she is in my garage

Image

Slight damage to the RH Rear gaurd but other than that all is ok

Image
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

User avatar
KiwiBirkin
Site Admin
Posts: 3051
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:09 am
Location: Christchurch

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by KiwiBirkin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Small update

I have the booked the engineer for Nov 20th to come over and comply my car for Oz, after sending him photos of the car he told me I had to change the 4 points to inertia reel belts which I have done and he also recommended I covered the exhaust for the Road Worth Cert (WOF). Maurice who also owns a Birkin kindly offered to lend me a set of seat belts and a exhaust shield for the cert process and then I could change back to the 4 points afterwards, in the end I had to get some of my own seat belts due to the narrow gap between my seats and center console which caused a issue fitting Maurice's belts. I have now emailed the photos off to the engineer to see if he finds anything else, if he doesn't with luck the car should get signed off next week.

Image

Image

Image

Heat Shield (temporary)
Image

Closer look at the damage Crown Relocations caused
Image
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

User avatar
7ish
Paid Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Northwood,Christchurch
Contact:

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by 7ish » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 am

Glad we don't need those big ugly shields here. Good luck with the cert.
7ish

Talkiet
Paid Member
Posts: 877
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:23 am

Re: KiwiBirins ride

Post by Talkiet » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Is that full length exhaust shield one of those things that tend to fall off on the first decent bump home after certification? Or are they really required to live there forever? Not the prettiest thing I have seen...

Good luck getting it on the road soon, must be some spectacular weather there begging for a good open air blat.

Cheers - N

Post Reply