Collection of info on vehicle details

Documents, manuals and any other resourse that you can think of that will help fellow owners or buyers of Sevens.
Please dont post unless its relevent here and please dont use the forum to go off topic.

Moderators: Simjen, KiwiBirkin

Fivey
Paid Member

Collection of info on vehicle details

Post by Fivey » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi all
I've been trawling through the forum for some time getting ideas and also getting mixed up with where I've read about one bit of setup or another. So as I go through reading the Build Diaries and Members Rides sections now, I've making notes in a Google Docs spreadsheet...

you also might find it useful.

The doc is only accessible via this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... UxSZlZiUVE

You have to be logged in with a Google ID to edit it.

Cheers
Jeremy

nz_climber
Paid Member

Re: Collection of info on vehicle details

Post by nz_climber » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:18 pm

That looks like a good collection of information, good to have it all in one place. Will make sure I keep my car details up to date.

Fivey
Paid Member

Post by Fivey » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:39 pm

nz_climber wrote:That looks like a good collection of information, good to have it all in one place. Will make sure I keep my car details up to date.
I'm already finding it useful to figure out what options I could go with, and to try looking at thing that have already been tried out and figured out, just sos I can stand on the shoulders of you giants....

Fivey
Paid Member

Post by Fivey » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:25 pm

It is REALLY weird typing in details while someone else is adding in their stuff too! (Thanks Neil and Stephen!)

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Just did my details for my Birkin, noticed you could do with a couple of fields for Front/rear springs in ILbs too see what others are running and next to that should be known car weight unloaded with full tank of gas.

Cheers Stephen
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

Fivey
Paid Member

Post by Fivey » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:44 pm

KiwiBirkin wrote:Just did my details for my Birkin, noticed you could do with a couple of fields for Front/rear springs in ILbs too see what others are running and next to that should be known car weight unloaded with full tank of gas.

Cheers Stephen
Good idea! Then when we have the barbie at Mark's and do the corner weights we'll be able to fill in all? the Canty ones anyway!

I've added the columns, why not add what you know about yours?

Cheers!
Jeremy

ady_uk
Paid Member

Post by ady_uk » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Cool idea, have added some info.

KiwiBirkin
Site Admin

Post by KiwiBirkin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Made this a sticky and up the font size on the spreadsheet as it was hurting my eyes squinting at the txt :)
Why walk when you can accelerate through life in a 7..... :lol:

Fivey
Paid Member

Post by Fivey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:02 pm

The list is getting pretty long now, and it is really interesting to loo through at the different choices.

I think it will be useful when I (or anyonw else) is thinking about what part to use for [whatever] then you can look down the appropriate column and see what the various choices have been, see what appeals or looks interesting or convenient, and then you can go and check out the Build Diary or Member's Rides section for that car and see if there is any tips to be found on fitting it etc!

Cheers all

Jeremy

Grumpy

Post by Grumpy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:50 pm

I only stumbled on this now :oops: and a lot of effort and work you had put into it Jeremy. I salute you 8-)

I updated my car's particulars and is actually very nice to have other member rides info on hand to see how they did things. Cool.
my 2 cents worth
Wynand Image
A Scattering of Africa

Car: under construction
Webpage: http://5psi.net